Today is Brianna's sweet sixteen Birthday! We are so blessed to have her as part of our family. For those who aren't familiar with our family birthday tradition, we each honor the birthday person with a blessing we have seen in their life the previous year and share a promise we claim for them from the scriptures for the new year.
For the birthday of my dear sister
We made a list of things we wish her.
One praise for each of sixteen years,
Compiled of parents and of peers.
1."Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 .
2. "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time." Colossians 4:5
3. She is fun. I like doing stuff with her like playing Narnia.
4. She helps me into the cherry tree.
5. She plays Jonathan Park.
6. She helped put the new floor in my room.
7. She painted our room.
8. She teaches us Spanish.
9. She babysits us.
10. Your culinary skills have vastly improved. Thank you, Martha Stewart.
11. I hope you will learn to economize on dishes and counter space when cooking.
12. I like how she bakes. She bakes good stuff, like the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.
14. My blessing for the next year of your life is that you savor each moment you have with your God, your family and your church. I know life seems to go by so fast so enjoy and claim each moment.
|Hunting for your gift August 17, 2007|
15. ~Mama: One of my greatest blessings this past year was seeing you grow so much in your relationship with the Lord and seeing you demonstrate that to the world by your decision to be baptized and join the church.
16. Proverbs 8:17 says, "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." May you never stop seeking Him and seeking a closer, richer fuller relationship with the one who first sought you. Love to my sweetness, Mama
By the Way and share your praises and blessings with our precious girl!